Getting sick of the heat in Southeast Asia? Unlike Latin America, there are precious few places in this region to escape it … unless you are traveling in Malaysia. The high hills of the interior of the Peninsular part of the country provide an opportunity for some badly needed relief, and if you want to […]
Tag Archives | restaurants
While many skip Malaysia out of a mistaken belief that costs here are way too high to make it a budget travel destination, those that have gone anyway have found a nation overflowing in food that is as delicious as it is affordable. Backpacking in Kuala Lumpur is an endeavor that rewards those that enjoy […]
Want to travel to Southern California’s most chilled out city this summer, but are aghast upon hearing about the prices there? Despite what you might believe, it is possible to do San Diego on a budget. Here’s how to pull it off…! 1) Drop your rucksack at Point Loma Hostel San Diego may be purdy, […]
Often as backpackers, we take pride in stretching a dollar as far as we can without tearing it in half. If there’s a questionable rickety hostel near a bus station on a poorly lit street, we’ll strongly consider staying there. It is sacrifices like this and others that add up to extra weeks or even […]
- Best Destinations For Gap Year Holidays July 7, 2013
- Getting Around Amsterdam This Year July 27, 2013
- Some Cool Hostels in Europe to Visit October 3, 2012
- 3 Cheap Or Free Things To Do In Madrid October 25, 2014
- Travel blogs to check out as a first time backpacker June 14, 2015
- How to Avoid Getting Sick on Your Next Flight February 10, 2016
- The 6 Best Destinations in the U.S. for Chocolate Cake Lovers February 8, 2016
- A backpacker’s guide to Ecuador February 7, 2016
- Where to Go in Lake Tahoe When You’re Not Skiing February 6, 2016
- Exploring Italy – 5 Great Places to Visit January 29, 2016
- Kate: I have heard many amazing things about this park a...
- Tim Moon: Using a map is pretty old school for city travel. ...
- theboywander: I took my gap-year four years after I finished sch...
- Nomadic Samuel: Most definitely some cool hostels worth checking o...