Being steeped in history as the capital of the kingdom of Prussia well back in the 12th century, of the German empire in the 19th century, and as ground zero for the Cold War through much of the latter half of the 20th century, Berlin is one of the more fascinating cities that you will […]
Tag Archives | history
Portugal has long been a favourite vacation destination mainly due to the immense beaches and the 300 annual days of sunshine in which to enjoy them. The majority of the millions of visitors this country receives each year tend to make their way to the Algarve but there are also plenty of other places to […]
Are you going on a vacation to the “Land Down Under” and South East Asia? Then, you sure are in for a lovely treat. From the visually appealing fabled temples of Cambodia to the dazzling diverse landscapes of Australia, the Asia-Pacific region is blessed with a marvelous array of archaeological sites and natural treasures that […]
Everyone has heard of Mallorca, Corsica, Sardinia, and Sicily. But there’s another, oft-overlooked island in the Mediterranean. One so small that it goes by unnoticed on your average globe or map. The tiny island nation I’m speaking of is Malta, which is actually comprised of three separate islands, one smaller than the next. With only […]
After a memorable trip through the Greek islands last year, you have been quite eager to repeat the effort this summer, as there are thousands of islands just begging to be conquered by your footsteps. With the bargain holidays in Greece offered by travel companies like COSMOS making getting there and back a cinch, the […]
- Some Cool Hostels in Europe to Visit October 3, 2012
- 3 Cheap Or Free Things To Do In Madrid October 25, 2014
- Getting Around Amsterdam This Year July 27, 2013
- Best Destinations For Gap Year Holidays July 7, 2013
- The Four Best Day Trips for Fall Visitors to Seattle October 14, 2015
- Going Camping in Australia? Avoid These Mistakes November 13, 2017
- Into the Australian Outback: Adventuring in Australia’s Wild Interior November 7, 2017
- Why Every City Dweller Should Own A Hybrid Bike October 26, 2017
- Touring Australia by campervan? Keep these tips in mind… October 25, 2017
- 3 Winter Destinations to Visit With Friends in Europe October 23, 2017
- Kate: I have heard many amazing things about this park a...
- Tim Moon: Using a map is pretty old school for city travel. ...
- theboywander: I took my gap-year four years after I finished sch...
- Nomadic Samuel: Most definitely some cool hostels worth checking o...