The south of Brittany is home to picturesque countryside, charming towns and infamous cuisine. If you’re planning a visit this year, you may be a little overwhelmed when it comes to excursions. To help you single out the best places to visit, we’ve narrowed down some of the best days out to give you a [...]
Tag Archives | England
When people think of the United Kingdom, their thoughts tend to focus on their human history, full of castles, Knights of the Round Table and literary giants. Aside from Scotland perhaps, most travelers don’t perceive the British Isles as a place for hiking and outdoor adventure. They couldn’t be more wrong. From Land’s End in [...]
You always thought about visiting Europe on your travels, but the high prices and the crowds have scared you away from going in the summer time. After working out that most attractions are still open in the winter, you went ahead and made plans to see this grand continent in the season when less hardy [...]
On your round the world gap year adventure, you have a lot of destinations that have you beaming with excitement. A summer spent hiking the Rocky Mountains of Western Canada and an autumn tour of the banana pancake trail through Southeast Asia figures highly on the agenda. As Christmas approaches though, you realize that it [...]
The West Country area of England is known for being close to the sea. However, the best way to enjoy this area of the country is to tour it by car. The roads will lead tourists on an impressive journey through meadows, fruit orchards, and quaint little villages. For anyone that wants to get away [...]
With so much to see and do in Europe over the summer thinking of plans, and formulating the best method of affording the entire trip is as complicated as it is exciting. The best plan is decide on ways to keep costs at a minimum even as you add to the list of experiences you [...]
Travel allows for exploration and relaxation in diverse parts of the world. Cornwall is a classic location that is most certainly suitable for summer getaways by the seaside. However, spending a summer in Cornwall is much different than simply passing time by the sea. There are inventive ways to spend your time and countless sites [...]
Manchester is one of the UK’s most exciting cities. Not only is the city knee-deep in rich and diverse history but it is fast becoming one of the hotspots of contemporary culture. As such, there is no shortage of things to do in Manchester if you’re visiting – from the wealth of galleries to the [...]
London has a wealth of history to be explored and you can do this through the many museums and attractions which are available across the city. Here are just a few of the recommended places to visit for those who want to learn about the great city and everything behind it! The Tower of London [...]
If you’re planning to bring in 2014 with style, there’s no better place in England than the beautiful capital, London. This year, New Years Eve falls on a Monday, so why not enjoy a long weekend in the city, without the worry of work the next day? Head to the Big Smoke on Friday or [...]
- Best Destinations For Gap Year Holidays July 7, 2013
- Some Cool Hostels in Europe to Visit October 3, 2012
- Getting Around Amsterdam This Year July 27, 2013
- Portuguese Hotspots to Visit on Holiday July 19, 2013
- Taking a Bite of the Big Apple: What to Do When Visiting New York City September 6, 2013
- Bring Your Parents: 3 All-Inclusive Destinations In Exotic Countries February 2, 2014
- Exploring The Treasures of Tunisia January 28, 2014
- Off the Beaten Beach: The Urban Gems of Caribbean Culture January 23, 2014
- How to Manage Your Money Overseas Like A Pro January 21, 2014
- Saving On Sunny Destinations: Nicaragua versus Miami, Florida January 19, 2014
- Tim Moon: Using a map is pretty old school for city travel. ...
- theboywander: I took my gap-year four years after I finished sch...
- Nomadic Samuel: Most definitely some cool hostels worth checking o...