Exploring Italy is something that must be on everyone’s bucket list. There are so many things to do and see in this juxtaposition of modernity and history that all visitors will be amazed. The culture, the food, and the beautiful sights will inspire you at every turn. You can load your days with sightseeing or […]
Not all backpackers out there are young singles; indeed, there are recently married couples that also choose to travel the world on a budget, and while they too take pleasure in experiencing the best it has to offer without spending too much money, some destinations deserve to have the purse string loosened. If you are […]
Heading to Europe this summer, and looking to discover its best national parks? This post will highlight four of our favorite natural reserves, from the wilds of Scandinavia to the arid heartland of Turkey… 1) Plitvice Lakes National Park Situated amongst the karst rich highlands of Central Croatia, Plitvice Lakes National Park is home to […]
by thehipmunk While much of the world celebrated the dawning of a new year on January 1, the global celebration of a new annum isn’t over yet. Communities around the world are gearing up for another giant annual celebration in the form of the Chinese New Year. Otherwise known as the Spring Festival or Lunar […]
Heading to the Latin portion of the Americas, and looking for a way to stay fit, and discover natural wonders and remains of old human civilizations? Hike these trails in South America in 2016, and you will find a way to make the most of your travels this year. 1) Inca Trail, Peru This one […]
by thehipmunk The holiday season has just about ended. Thoughts have turned to resolutions, warm winter soup, nights huddled by the fire and snow dusting the ground. But over in Southeast Asia, in the tropical climate of the Philippines, the rainy season still hugs the fields. Vibrant bouquets grace the market booths and exotic fruits […]
After hearing about the announcement that admission to Canadian national parks will be free in 2017, travelers will want to start planning any trip to the Great White North now, especially with the Canadian dollar being at a 13 year low as of this writing of this article. Wondering where pitch your tent a year […]
by thehipmunk The aurora borealis is the colorful phenomenon created when electrically charged particles within the earth’s magnetosphere collide with particles in the solar wind. The Northern Lights, as they’re also known, are best seen in late August through April from countries near the North and South poles. These neon ribbons of light are not […]
Photo by: HOSTELMANAGEMENT.COM Ever wonder how your travels could be transformed if you stopped being so cheap? If you choose to spend just a little bit more on your next trip, you’ll be surprised how your experienced will be further enriched by letting a few more Benjamins elude your grasp. Let’s look at a few examples […]
by thehipmunk As anyone privy to water cooler talk is already aware, a strong El Niño will play a big role in the lives of skiers and snowboarders this winter. In fact, there’s a 90 percent chance the meteorological force will persist through the season, and it may end up being one of the strongest […]
Looking to discover Europe’s most exotic capital. This backpacker’s guide to Istanbul will introduce you to the megalopolis that serves as the bridge between Europe and Asia, and all the attractions that are contained within… 1) Hagia Sophia Widely considered to be Istanbul’s most significant religious landmark, the Hagia Sophia dates back to the 6th […]
- Getting Around Amsterdam This Year July 27, 2013
- 3 Cheap Or Free Things To Do In Madrid October 25, 2014
- Some Cool Hostels in Europe to Visit October 3, 2012
- Best Destinations For Gap Year Holidays July 7, 2013
- A definitive guide to outlets around the world and how to use adapters without frying your electronics September 11, 2015
- Indulging in affordable luxury in the Turks and Caicos March 10, 2017
- Here are Some Alternative Family Trips to Try this Summer February 28, 2017
- 5 of the Best Places to Visit in Italy February 28, 2017
- Why 2017 is a great year to explore Canada January 20, 2017
- Doing America on a backpacker budget: our top highlights January 13, 2017
- Kate: I have heard many amazing things about this park a...
- Tim Moon: Using a map is pretty old school for city travel. ...
- theboywander: I took my gap-year four years after I finished sch...
- Nomadic Samuel: Most definitely some cool hostels worth checking o...