Photo by CC user Prayudi Setiadharma on Wikimedia Commons Bali and Lombok may be great places to travel in Indonesia, but they have been so overdone that many travelers are actively looking for a more authentic experience in this country. If you crave the latter, spend some time in a city that many local Indonesians travel […]
While being a backpacker is normally about eschewing luxury in return for the wonders that can only be experienced by traveling on a shoestring budget, some folks get tired of the routine after several months. It is at this time when a little affordable luxury can be a nice break from hostels, as a stay […]
All those who are wishing to touch something ancient and unexplored should travel to Istanbul. Few people today would be surprised by a trip to this city. But the reason for such a perception is simple – many think Istanbul is another resort with many shops, hotels and beaches. But Istanbul was founded 25 centuries […]
Want to make the most of a planned visit to Grand Teton National Park this summer? Below, we have assembled a guide that will help you enjoy your limited time there in a manner that will you create memories that will stay will you for the rest of your life… 1) Head out on a […]
by thehipmunk With an unseasonably warm December finally giving way to arctic-level temperatures in January, it might be time to plan a winter getaway and rediscover the sun and sand. Escape the threat of snow by heading to one of the five destinations below, known as some of the best surf spots during the winter months! […]
Heading to Holland soon, and want to book a cool place to stay? When you head to the Netherlands’ most famous city, knowing about the top hostels in Amsterdam before hand will give you a decided advantage over your competition… 1) Lucky Lake Hostel (open from late March to mid-September … check website for details) […]
by thehipmunk Forget snakes on a plane. Worry about the germs. Research shows that air travelers are at a higher risk for infection than people going about their daily lives. Just how are illnesses spread on a plane? It comes down to two main factors: Airborne germs that are easily inhaled by people sitting in […]
Want to make the most of your visit to Glacier National Park? In this post, we have come up with several suggestions that will fill your stay with activity, from start to finish. 1) Take a Red Jammer tour of Going To The Sun Road Going To The Sun Road is one of Glacier National […]
by thehipmunk We Americans love eating almost as much as we love excuses to celebrate. Luckily, some very smart men, women, and the odd industrial association or two granted our collective wishes over the years by instituting a number of “official” holidays dedicated to our favorite foods. Fan of soft pretzels? The whole month of […]
Looking to make the most of your time in South America’s cheapest country? This backpacker’s guide to Ecuador will fill you in on the best way to make the most of your time in this value-packed nation. 1) See the Galapagos Islands Yes, it’s obscenely popular. Yeah, it’s expensive as heck. But the hype and […]
by thehipmunk Lake Tahoe, the cobalt blue lake where California and Nevada meet, boasts a reputation as the ultimate skiing destination for travelers seeking mountainside luxury and rugged adventure. This winter, Tahoe has experienced record snowfallfairly early in the season, so visitors looking to plan a trip should act fast, as local resorts will get […]
- Getting Around Amsterdam This Year July 27, 2013
- 3 Cheap Or Free Things To Do In Madrid October 25, 2014
- Some Cool Hostels in Europe to Visit October 3, 2012
- Best Destinations For Gap Year Holidays July 7, 2013
- A definitive guide to outlets around the world and how to use adapters without frying your electronics September 11, 2015
- Indulging in affordable luxury in the Turks and Caicos March 10, 2017
- Here are Some Alternative Family Trips to Try this Summer February 28, 2017
- 5 of the Best Places to Visit in Italy February 28, 2017
- Why 2017 is a great year to explore Canada January 20, 2017
- Doing America on a backpacker budget: our top highlights January 13, 2017
- Kate: I have heard many amazing things about this park a...
- Tim Moon: Using a map is pretty old school for city travel. ...
- theboywander: I took my gap-year four years after I finished sch...
- Nomadic Samuel: Most definitely some cool hostels worth checking o...