With the outstanding success of the Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland’s tourism board, Fáilte Ireland are now promoting a similar initiative, Ireland’s Ancient East. The Ancient East goes from Carlingford in Ireland’s north-east through Newgrange and the Boyne Valley in Meath down to Waterford’s Viking Quarter before ending in Youghal in County Cork. Including the vast […]
Archive | Travel Blog RSS feed for this section
Do you want to go to Antarctica? We’ll guide you through the convenient routes and seasonality of visiting the mainland. Make sure you remember everything! Beyond reality There are many different stories about heroic explorers who risked their lives investigating harsh Antarctic locations. There are legends about these places, and, at some point, everyone wanted […]
As a backpacker, finding quality accommodations in some parts of the developing world can be a challenge. On Little Corn Island though, the number of places suitable for backpackers is on the rise, as the number of building lots on Little Corn available for construction has become shrunk recently as new places have begun to […]
Photo by CC user Prayudi Setiadharma on Wikimedia Commons Bali and Lombok may be great places to travel in Indonesia, but they have been so overdone that many travelers are actively looking for a more authentic experience in this country. If you crave the latter, spend some time in a city that many local Indonesians travel […]
While being a backpacker is normally about eschewing luxury in return for the wonders that can only be experienced by traveling on a shoestring budget, some folks get tired of the routine after several months. It is at this time when a little affordable luxury can be a nice break from hostels, as a stay […]
All those who are wishing to touch something ancient and unexplored should travel to Istanbul. Few people today would be surprised by a trip to this city. But the reason for such a perception is simple – many think Istanbul is another resort with many shops, hotels and beaches. But Istanbul was founded 25 centuries […]
Want to make the most of a planned visit to Grand Teton National Park this summer? Below, we have assembled a guide that will help you enjoy your limited time there in a manner that will you create memories that will stay will you for the rest of your life… 1) Head out on a […]
by thehipmunk With an unseasonably warm December finally giving way to arctic-level temperatures in January, it might be time to plan a winter getaway and rediscover the sun and sand. Escape the threat of snow by heading to one of the five destinations below, known as some of the best surf spots during the winter months! […]
Heading to Holland soon, and want to book a cool place to stay? When you head to the Netherlands’ most famous city, knowing about the top hostels in Amsterdam before hand will give you a decided advantage over your competition… 1) Lucky Lake Hostel (open from late March to mid-September … check website for details) […]
by thehipmunk Forget snakes on a plane. Worry about the germs. Research shows that air travelers are at a higher risk for infection than people going about their daily lives. Just how are illnesses spread on a plane? It comes down to two main factors: Airborne germs that are easily inhaled by people sitting in […]
- 3 Cheap Or Free Things To Do In Madrid October 25, 2014
- Getting Around Amsterdam This Year July 27, 2013
- Some Cool Hostels in Europe to Visit October 3, 2012
- Best Destinations For Gap Year Holidays July 7, 2013
- A Stone’s Throw From Stonehenge Lies A Massive New Mystery October 8, 2015
- A Brief Guide to Eid-ul-Adha August 26, 2017
- Amazing Driving Roads in Europe August 21, 2017
- Great places to backpack in the Mediterranean August 13, 2017
- Amazing ways to experience Europe in autumn August 13, 2017
- Cruises to Europe you’ll be sure to love August 12, 2017
- Kate: I have heard many amazing things about this park a...
- Tim Moon: Using a map is pretty old school for city travel. ...
- theboywander: I took my gap-year four years after I finished sch...
- Nomadic Samuel: Most definitely some cool hostels worth checking o...